Difficult conversations with customers, with staff or with supervisors are usually not comfortable, but steps can be taken to ensure a positive end result. This course will cover tools and best practices to ensure that even the most challenging conversations will result in a happier workplace.
At a glance
Please note: UW-Madison now requires payment upon registration. If you need to pay with a check, please use the form below and mail the check with your registration.
Register by phone: Pyle Center, (608) 262-2451
Register by mail: Print a registration form
Login information will be emailed to you a few days before the course begins
- To determine when it’s time to have a difficult conversation
- To provide tools on how to start difficult conversations
- To determine how to stay calm
- To understand how to approach people resistant to talking
- To approach instances of unacceptable work behavior
- To develop effective follow-up after difficult conversations
Pass/Fail grade is based on completing all weekly lessons, discussions, and assignments.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.